Our Coaching Team
Dick Orbell heads up the Timba Swim Program at CDNIS and has been a swimming coach for 25 years. During this time he has coached an Australian Champion, 2 Olympic swimmers, and a number of Commonwealth Games swimmers. Dick is also an accomplished swimmer, having represented Australia at the 1984 Olympic Games and also served as the Australian Men's Swimming Team Captain. Dick won 1 gold and 1 silver in the Commonwealth Games. He has enormous energy and places great emphasis on kids and adults having fun. He believes “winning is not everything, just don’t let anyone beat you.”
- Olympic Games 1984
- Australian Men’s Swim Team Captain
- Australian National Team (1980-1986)
- Australian National Champion: Backstroke, Butterfly and Individual Medley
Qualifications and Honours:
- Swim Australia Silver Coach (ASCTA)
- AUSTSWIM Coach Certification Course Presenter
- Australian Swimming Association Presenter
Hannah Wilson is also a product of the Harry Wright International swimming system. She showed her potential early on, representing HK at junior levels from the age of 10. By age 15, Hannah was representing HK in the 100m Fly at the 2004 Athens Olympics and went on to compete in Beijing in 2008 and London 2012. The highlight of her career included medals at the Asian Games, Asian Swimming Championships and her amazing record breaking victories at the World University Games in 2009.
After retiring from competitive swimming in 2012 after the London Olympic Games, Hannah decided to give back to swimming by taking up coaching to help other swimmers in both kids and adult programs.
Hannah graduated with Bachelors degree in Anthropology from the University of California, Berkeley.
- Olympic Games: 2004 Athens, 2008 Beijing, 2012 London
- Asian Games: 2006 Bronze, 2010 2 x Bronze
- East Asian Games: Medalist 2009 2 x Silver, 3 x Bronze
- Asian Indoor Games: 2007 6 x Gold, 1 x Silver
- World Championships: 2011
- Asian Swimming Championships: 2006 Medalist
- World University Games, Belgrade 2009 - 2X Gold Medalist and record breaker in 100m Butterfly and 100m Freestyle
- Member of Cal Women's Swim team: 2007-2011
- NCAA Team Champions: 2009, 2011
- Former HK Record Holder: 50/100m Free, 50/100m Fly, 4x100/200m Freestyle relay and 4x100m Medley relays
- American Swimming Coaches Association - Level 1 Coach
- USA Swimming - Level 1 Coach
- HK Life Saving Association - Bronze medallion
- HKSAR Honors list 2010: Chief Executives Commendation for Community Service in sport
- HK Annual Sport Stars Award: 2006, 2009
Georgia Brown has been swimming under AM & Fen's tutelage since 2004. Her enthusiasm for the sport encouraged her to embark on various coaching qualifications so that she can offer the skills she has picked up over the past 10+ years to others. Georgia loves to work with beginners, whom she coaches to great effect. She is available for private and semi-private lessons for adults and children.
- AUSTSWIM Teacher licence - Towards Competitive Strokes
- HK Life Saving Association - Bronze Medallion
- Triathlon Australia Accredited Coach Certification - Practical and Theory